World Eaters Minecraft Server Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Eaters Minecraft Server Home

World Eaters Minecraft Server Home. A place for server members to discuss whats going on in the World!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Qh0rne
Admin

UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY Empty
PostSubject: UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY   UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:49 pm

Ok so check this out. Hiighlander is interested in making a floating city in an ocean biome. Our spawn point happens to be an ocean biome so naturally he chose that location.

From what I gather kill3rdyl is very confident about building underwater quickly and I believe even mentioned about wanting to make something underwater

Here is what I propose:

Hiighlander builds above surface structures out there
Kill3rdyl builds underwater architecture/structures
The two connect and compliment each other
I build a rail way from the ocean biome all the way to the desert
Someone makes a new smelting room next to the tree farm
The tree farm gets expanded if need be
I make the rail capable of going through the smelting/tree farm area
Other people help dig sand from the desert and load up carts and ship them to the smelting/tree farm
Other people take the sand from the carts, put it in the smelters, use the wood from the tree farm to smelt MASS amounts of glass
glass gets shipped to the ocean
no coal (which is a NON-renewable resource!! gets wasted. (even excess saplings can get thrown into the furnace for fuel!)
Kill3rdyl and highlander build almost entirely of glass
Other people assist kill/high lander in building with whatever they may need
New player named MilkBottle who appears very good finally gets some free time and starts playing, helps build
An epic Glass city in the ocean is built
An epic path connects it to the tree house area
Fun, Screenshots? Profit? WIN?

Smile
What you guys think?
Back to top Go down
https://worldeatersmcserver.forumotion.com
Highlander

PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY   UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:14 pm

Amazing, but ENTIRELY out of glass seems drastic, as you wont be able to SEE the structures, just what is infront of you. I suggest part stone(brick), part glass, part wood, part whatever else we can throw in there. yes, gathering that much resources is challenging, but we already have a lot of cobble, and even more if i make that spawner. and it WOULD be really cool.....
Back to top Go down
Qh0rne
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY   UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:19 pm

ENTIRELY glass may not be so bad... I think we should check out screenshots and videos of existing underwater structures to see...

Perhaps opaque floors, glass ceilings/walls?

or what about perhaps a checkered pattern of tile and glass on only the floors, with glass walls/ceiling... i just think it would be epic to be able to see from one end of a underwater glass city to the other end, or from the top down to all the bottom....

with lighting, furniture, railways inside,... you could probably easily differentiate rooms....

need to see some screenshots i think
Back to top Go down
Qh0rne
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY   UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:21 pm

Highlander wrote:
yes, gathering that much resources is challenging, but we already have a lot of cobble, and even more if i make that spawner

branch mining alone will provide TONS of cobble to.
And its not just mindless collection of stone since it yeilds ore and diamonds/gold

we also have more cobble than you think.

check the mining areas, and also..

ive even gotten lost and was over burdened, i dropped a large chest and filled it with stone, took a screenshot of the coords and kept digging LOL, random box of stone inthe middle of cave nowhere
Back to top Go down
Highlander

PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY   UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:35 pm

then problem solved. I shall start on the smelting station by the extended tree farm
Back to top Go down
Qh0rne
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY   UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:46 pm

well, i wouldnt do that till we know killerdyl is down...

cause i suck at building underwater... and others may not see the ocean city vision... although if they don't... they need to be posting some other ideas.
Back to top Go down
Highlander

PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY   UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Well I already have the ocean city visualized, and i think i can pull it off (would be a lot easier if i could actually build on the spawn point tho...)
and I figure we can increase smelting efficieny ANYWAYS if we turn a massive chuck of the wood we produce into charcoal. So Im expanding the tree farm anyways. Got wood? I know I do.
Back to top Go down
Qh0rne
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY   UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:49 pm

Also, be carefull, there is not much space to extend that tree farm,... unless you dig a floor underneath and duplicate the top floor that is prob the best way... im pretty sure only one side can be expanded towards to any great degree and its not much... i think you will hit moat eventually, or come out the side of a hill to the house
Back to top Go down
Highlander

PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY   UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:50 pm

I just ended up in the pig farm....directly under the pond...gross
Back to top Go down
Qh0rne
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY   UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:54 pm

LOL, eew

Im telling you,.. a bottom floor is the only way Smile, double decker tree farm!, double the output.
Back to top Go down
Qh0rne
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY   UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 6:24 pm

well it seems hiighlander started on a treefarm bottom floor, as well as expanded the top a bit

As for the underwater city idea... was talking with c_harper who wants to make a boat in the water, she figured she would put it by the ocean city... which made me think, was is an ocean CITY in an ocean BIOME... right near the shore islands :/.. maybe farther out????

I could build an epic looking underground rail road to it, two lanes so it can be used both ways at the same time.... deep under the ocean and bring you up into the ocean city!!...

as well as a dock on the surface you could boat to it as well... a dock on the shore as well, make it so u just have to sail in a straight line
Back to top Go down
Highlander

PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY   UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 7:58 pm

I like this idea, since i cant build on a huge chuck of land anyways, and I have the design of the city already planned out. approved xD
Back to top Go down
Qh0rne
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY   UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:45 pm

what you mean by approved?

do you have sketches or anything you can share would love to see it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY   UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY Empty

Back to top Go down

UNDERWATER/FLOATING CITY
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Eaters Minecraft Server Home :: Ideas for new projects-
Jump to: